Recruitment Training |
Inclusive Recruitment - Virtual or Onsite Workshop
Diversity, Inclusion and employment law is a complex subject and this workshop gives HR, Recruitment Leaders and Hiring Managers the confidence to recruit and have the ability to challenge established ways of working which may have a negative impact on Diversity and Inclusion. Focusing on embedding inclusion within your resourcing strategy, this course takes delegates through every aspect within resourcing, from designing job specifications and adverts to interview and selection. This course can be tailored for HR and Recruitment Teams or Hiring Managers.
Training Course Objectives:
- Understanding where bias and discrimination could occur during recruitment
- Recognising bias and its impact during the hiring process
- Creating an inclusive recruitment process – job descriptions, interviewing, assessing, and selecting candidates
- Developing souring approaches to attract under-represented groups
- Positive Action vs Positive Discrimination
- Shortlisting/Selection: How to remain objective, recognising bias, selection based on evidence
- Interviewing/Assessment: Questions to ask and questions to avoid; Structured interviews and questioning techniques
- Common pitfalls from interviewing
- Reasonable Adjustments – when and how to make adjustments
Additional Objectives for Recruiters and HR
- The role of a recruiter in influencing and encouraging inclusive hiring
- Candidate Attraction: understanding different sourcing options to extend reach with under-represented groups
- The role of social media: how to develop inclusive job adverts and collateral on social channels to attract diverse candidates
- Adverts/Job Specification: Looking at language used, tools to help assess language and how to ensure the skills you have identified can be measured objectively
Who Should Attend?
Designed specifically for HR professionals, in-house recruiters and hiring managers who have responsibility for making hiring decisions within their organisation. This course will ensure that everyone has the knowledge around D&I needed to make effective hiring decisions.
Workshops (onsite or virtual) and eLearn
This training can be brought directly to you and your team, delivered exclusively to your organisation at your site or virtually to groups of up to 12 people. Our expert trainers will also tailor the course content in line with your organisation’s objectives to make it completely relevant to your business.
This training can be delivered as a standalone workshop or as part of a wider recruitment training programme for your organisation. Contact our team today to learn more about Omni’s on-site training delivery and how we can design a programme bespoke to you.
To register your interest in this course, or to find out more information please fill out the contact form below and a member of the team will be in touch!
The course was enlightening, engaging and essential
Strategic Resources Partnerships