At Omni, we’re committed to reducing our carbon footprint and minimising our impact on the environment. Climate change is one of the most pressing issues facing our world today, and we believe that businesses have a responsibility to be part of the solution.
That’s why we have developed a comprehensive carbon reduction plan to guide our efforts in becoming a more sustainable company. Our goal is to achieve Net Zero emissions by 2040.
Click here to view our full Carbon Reduction Plan.
Here’s some of the projects and activities we’re planning to achieve this:
Energy Efficiency Upgrades
We’ll conduct energy audits on all our facilities to identify opportunities for efficiency improvements. This includes:
- Reducing the number of printers to the most energy efficient, with printing controls to minimise printing.
- Run ‘switch-off’ campaigns – actively encouraging our employees to save energy via switch-off stickers for lights,
computers and printers.
- Apply water-saving posters in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Install timers on sockets/equipment.
- Replace end of life equipment and other appliances with energy efficient replacements.
- Engage with leased property owners to encourage the adoption of on-site energy generation technologies, improved energy efficiency, and the removal of on-site stationary combustion (gas) heating.
Renewable Energy Procurement
Currently, some of the electricity we use comes from renewable sources. By 2040 our goal is for the majority of our energy to come from renewables like solar and wind. We will enter into power purchase agreements with renewable energy providers.
We operate a small fleet of company cars for transportation. By 2030, we commit to electrifying 100% of our employee vehicles. This will drastically reduce emissions from transportation.
Our employees play a big role in helping us achieve our goals. We will implement engagement initiatives to educate employees on sustainability best practices and encourage things like public transit use, work-from-home, video conferencing, recycling, and energy conservation.
We are researching climate finance, to ensure we contribute to the best projects and activities that aim to mitigate or adapt to the impacts of climate change.
Reporting & Verification
We will track our emissions using established greenhouse gas accounting methods. Our reduction targets and progress will be validated by independent third-party verifiers to ensure transparency and accountability.
The steps outlined above will move us toward our goal of achieving Net Zero by 2040. Climate action is urgent, and we believe businesses are obligated to lead. We hope our carbon reduction plan will inspire others to join us in building a sustainable future.